Friday, July 7, 2017

Nautical

Hi there.
 
Two posts in one day but as its so hot outside I thought I would stay indoors and blog a little.
 
 
My Dads birthday is fast approaching and coming from a background where my Dad, Brother and myself all served in the Royal Navy I had to make a card for him with this in mind.
 
I knew I had to have another play with the Die D-Lies Nautical Set from Spellbinders.
 
I love this set and I have already used it on the same challenge blog before at Freshly Made Sketches but I just loved the layout again.
 
 
 
 
I cut the little boat from the set from kraft card and paper pieced part of the sail in some blue corrugated card.  I then cut the anchor from copper mirror card that I got from my local craft shop.  This mirror card is amazing.  The shine on it is just fantastic.
 
I even tried to make a little sailors knot at the top.  Something I know that my Dad is really good at as he makes these wonderful ships bell ropes using all kinds of decorative knots.
 
Knot tying was something I didn't do as I joined the Royal Navy as a Communicator but I did learn the basics during my training.
 
 
I wrapped a little bit of string around the anchor and finished with a tiny sea shell which I found in my stash.
 
 
The designer papers I have used came from The Works on a recent trip to visit my family in the UK.  I couldn't believe the price.  They paper pad was £1!
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out Spellbinders for details of this lovely die set.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful nautical take on the sketch challenge Dawn. I like the dimension corrugated card gives. Bet your Dad will love it! Shabneez

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Dawn this is fabulous! I love the copper anchor, the sailor's knot and the shell! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love all of the elements, patterns and textures. The anchor in copper and the various twine accents are perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ocean themed cards always appeal to me... love the papers and your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete