Thursday, July 13, 2017

Spaced Out

Hello Crafters.
 
I had so much fun creating the inky galaxy background for the recent challenge at Daring Cardmakers that I just had to create another.
 
 
 
This time I used the Die D-Lites Spaced Out Set from Spellbinders.
 
 
This card was just so much fun to make and I think I have found a new love for ink.  Using my ink pads to create backgrounds was something I never really liked doing as I felt so out of my comfort zone.  Now I have to admit I really love it and of course I love to learn something new.

I used several ink pads to create this card.  I started in the centre with a turquoise blue.  I then added a bit of orange and purple around this.  I then applied the dark blue all around the outside blending all the time and to finish I put a tiny amount of black right around the edge.  To create the little blobs, I just used my spritzer from Stampin Up and sprayed the cardstock.

 
This little set comes with the rocket, plant and a shooting star.
 
 
 
I cut the plant and ring from white card stock and used a green ink pad to colour it.

 
I then cut the rocket and shooting star from silver mirror card an used my embossing mat through my platinum machine to create the detail.
 
A really fun card for the little people in our lives.
 
Please stop by the Spellbinders website for more details about the die set I have used.
 

 
 
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment