Monday, October 16, 2017

How To Catch A Fairy In A Jar

Moring Crafters.

Don't worry I haven't really caught a fairy in a jar as that would be cruel. But I will tell you how I made this really pretty luminary using a fabulous die from Spellbinders.

 
 


First of all you will need an empty jar.  I washed and cleaned off the label and removed the lid.
 
Then I cut out my fairy in black card stock  I used  Fairy Ariana from Spellbinders.  Then glue your fairy to the inside of your jar.
 
I then took some white tissue paper and wrapped this around the jar taking care not to rip the paper.  To stick the paper cover the jar in white PVA glue and also apply a coat to the front. 
 
Wait for the glue to dry then add your embellishments.  I added some white glitter to the outside of the jar to add a bit of fairy sparkle. I also wrapped some string around the top and added a little flower but you could add perhaps some die cut leaves or pinecones etc...
 
Place a battery operated tea light inside and enjoy. 
 



There are 3 other fairies in the range and all of them would look so pretty for this project.  You can check them out HERE.

 
This project would work great with any silhouette style die.  Some of the Halloween dies from Spellbinders would look lovely to create a spooky glow.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Very clever and pretty, and effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Dawn. I've always wanyed to make a fairy jar, now I might give it a go. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning make Dawn - the boys made these over the summer holidays but obviously nothing like yours! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete