Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello 2018

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

 
Today I am sharing my first card of 2018 and I have made my favourite, a shaker card.
 
 
I started with my base card and normally I would pick white but today for a change I went with grey.
 
Next I cut a square of grey card stock and die cut several hexagonal shapes to make my shaker part. I then added a piece of plastic and created little frames (about 6 layers) to stop the tiny star sequins from falling out.  I also glued some black and gold foil card to the inside. 

 
I added a few die cut stars and enamel dots for decoration.


I then added a die cut greeting in black and made a drop shadow in silver glitter card.  I die cut the numbers from gold glitter card.  This could be a New Year resolution for me and maybe I will start to use coloured card blanks.  I love the grey with all the sparkle.
 
Here is a list of the products I have used to create this card:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you all the very best for 2018.
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Dawn. A fabulous card to begin the year, that grey card looks stunning. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Happy New Year to you and your family. xxx

      Delete
  2. Stunning sparkly creation Dawn - Happy 2018 to you and your family! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete