Friday, March 16, 2018

Watch The Birdie

Happy Friday everyone.
 
Its challenge time at Daring Cardmakers.  The lovely Shabneez is the host and this week its all about birds.
 
Shabneez would like to see a bird on your creation.  It can be a focal point, embellishment, stamp or a die.

 
For my card I just stamped a little bird flying in the distance.
 
I created my card using a lovely die set from Spellbinders called Die D-Lites Flight 2.
 
I started by adding a square of patterned paper to my card blank.  I then trimmed down a white piece of card stock and used the cloud from the die set so you can see the paper behind.  I then added more clouds cut from white and glitter card. 

 
I cut the hot balloon from white card and used some blue ink to highlight the embossed areas and then created a drop shadow with another balloon cut from black card stock.  I thought this way the hot air balloon would stand out more.  I also used the little bunting die that comes in the set and cut this using some yellow designer paper.

 
To finish I die cut the word Dad, again creating a drop shadow using a lovely die set from Spellbinders which you can find HERE.
 
I then added some enamel dots to complete my card.
 
Please stop by the Daring Cardmakers blog for more lovely inspiration from the Design Team and we can wait to see what you create.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend.
 
 
 




3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Dawn. I love the scene you have created with the die cuts. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! I love the shadow effect you've created by off-setting the die-cut elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! smartwatch

    ReplyDelete